Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Day 29 - April 1

It's April Fool day today,
I fooled Hazel today,

It's finally 1st April, i have waited for 14Th April to come much earlier but it didn't. Time seems to slow down everyday and flies every night. It's my friends which make this boring China lifestyle exciting , all the excitement are left back in Singapore, but it's not soon before long I would be drinking water from tap and smelling the dust and pollutant free air and eating my mother "not-so-nice-but-better-than-the-rest-because-is-she-cook" cooking.


Lecture by the 院长 of the foreign language school. It's was the most interesting Chinese lecture I had here, it's about traditional Chinese believe, and he envy us as we live in a democratic country unlike China which have been in the federal system for more than 2000 years and till now he hadn't have the chance to vote for the government which govern him. He touched on topic which is quite sensitive to Chinese context and his English is better than the rest, his topics is the main reason which made his lecture interesting.<>

Jit Siong sleeping like a dead person every lunch break, he rather sleep late to photo shop all the pictures rather than waking up early. This lifestyle is bad as you would be drained, I rather that I wake up earlier so I could finish the works rather than burning pre-dawn oil, P.S I cannot say midnight oil because I've been burning it since young.


They are cleaning the sewage for out apartment block, Choking of the toilet are a common event here as China toilets have smaller sewage pipes as compared to Singapore. Or perhaps is because we use the toilet more rather than the roads and pavement like the rest of the people here.






The full of waste and you don't want to drop in hole.




Went for dinner at Canteen 2 again after their game of basketball. I stayed in the apartment to continue my mini project

Their soft drink is one fifth of what it cost in Singapore, it's always tempting to eat more as it's much cheaper here but we need to control our diets so we won't fall sick that easily in such a every changing weather.

The only halal food stall in Canteen2

Oily fried rice stall






Road side food stall was not really a good place to have meals as they don't have proper hygiene and the dust and dirt here is more than what I have under own bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment